John from Mill Green Brewery gives us the details...
We have our first beer festival at the Fleece Hotel in Boxford taking place over the Easter Weekend.
As the name would suggest we have focused on the Hop and the explosion of exciting hop varieties being used now by the new wave of micro brewery’s including our own Mill Green Brewery. We have a selection of the finest hoppy beers available including Arbor’s ‘Hoptickledelusion’ , Harviestoun’s ‘Bitter & Twisted’ and Mill Green’s ‘Wall of Death’ and Dark Stars ‘Six Hop’
This should be enough to tempt you into the unspoilt public rooms of the Fleece Hotel (the festival is in the Guild Room upstairs)
Beer Festival (28th March - 1st April)
- Thurs March 28th 7pm - late: Preview night. Meet the Mill Green Brewery Brewer - Tom Norton who will be happy to talk about his beers and show you the type of hops & malts he uses.
- Fri March 29th evening - Beer Cocktails menu. A special menu to accompany the normal list of beers, made up of a range of interesting cocktails....... made with beer.
- Live Music Friday 29th - Traditional Irish Jam Session 8.30pm. Come along, get your jog on and join in.
- Live Music. Saturday 30th – ‘Lone Crows’ 7.30pm. Acoustic covers with their own quality stamp.
- Live Music. Saturday 30th – ‘MC2’ 9pm. Fantastic local folk band.
- Live Music. Sunday 31st – ‘La’ 8.30pm. We saw them supporting Kris Drever, and their back again....with more songs and even more energy.