In order to buy a drink at the festival you will have to purchase a glass and a beer card - no cash is accepted over the beer or cider bars.
Just follow these pointers and you won't go wrong:
- On entering the festival purchase a glass and some beer cards.
You can get a full refund on your glass if you return it (unbroken) before the close of the festival.
Each beer card is worth £10 in 10p units. You can get a refund on any unused units on your beer cards.
- Pick up a copy of the programme which contains a beer list for the festival. Not every beer will be available all the time, some may not be ready for serving and some may have been and gone already.
- Move to the bar. The beers are arranged alphabetically by brewery, A-Z, at the start of the week, but as restocking takes place through the week this gradually breaks down.
- Each beer that is ready for drinking has a card displayed showing the brewery name, beer name, alcoholic strength and price. Ask for your beer, hand over your beer card. - the bar staff will cross off an appropriate number of 10p units. There's your first pint!
And don't forget:
- You can purchase more beer cards during your visit, not just when you arrive. Get them from the Belgian Bar or the products stand.
- You can get a refund on unused tokens at the end of each session or you can place them in the charity box.
- You can get a full refund on the price of your glass if you return it (unbroken) before you leave.
- Vote for your beer or cider of the festival. There will be voting forms available from the bars.