What do the NBSS scores mean?
The beer scoring scheme uses a 0-5 scale to rate the quality of beer being served.
No cask ale available
0.5 So poor you can't finish it.
- Poor. Beer that is anything from barely drinkable to drinkable with considerable resentment.
- Average. Competently kept, drinkable pint but doesn't inspire in any way, not worth moving to another pub but you drink the beer without really noticing.
- Good. Good beer in good form. You may cancel plans to move to the next pub. You want to stay for another pint and may seek out the beer again.
- Very Good. Excellent beer in excellent condition.
- Perfect. Probably the best you are ever likely to find. A seasoned drinker will award this score very rarely.